Q: Want to put dual exhaust on, but not sure if that's going to mess with my computer.

Want more power out of stock truck. K/N cold air intake on it so far, ordered jet 6pack and summit racing cat back exhaust. Waiting for parts ordered but am not sure if I will install cat back exhaust if I can install dual exhaust. Want to know if computer will act right with dual exhaust.

Hi there. Although we typically don’t offer mechanical tips on aftermarket upgrades, in this case, you are correct to be concerned about how the OEM computer is going to ’react’ to the exhaust upgrade. In most cases, the system that will be compromised is the catalytic converter and emissions systems; which depending on what US State you live, could impact the vehicle’s ability to pass smog or safety inspections. Typically exhaust system upgrades are accompanied by performance tuner upgrades as well. You might want to contact the exhaust manufacturer to ask them for their advice on this matter.

3. Want to put dual exhaust on, but not sure if that's going to mess with my computer.