Q: Want to disconnect the door chime plug

Where is the door chime plug? I want to disconnect it because the chime sound is annoying. Once I disconnect it, will the doors lock when the key is in?

The door chime is a safety feature that is set from the factory for all vehicles. It tells us when the keys are in the ignition and provides a warning when the door is still open and the key is turned. Disconnecting a safety feature of the vehicle is not recommended. In addition, the vehicle may not function as designed if the door chime feature is unplugged.

3. Want to disconnect the door chime plug