Q: Want to disconnect the door chime plug

Where is the door chime plug? I want to disconnect it because the chime sound is annoying. Once I disconnect it, will the doors lock when the key is in?

The door chime is a safety feature that is set from the factory for all vehicles. It tells us when the keys are in the ignition and provides a warning when the door is still open and the key is turned. Disconnecting a safety feature of the vehicle is not recommended. In addition, the vehicle may not function as designed if the door chime feature is unplugged.