Q: Want to be able to use stereo when car is off.

I want to be able to play my aftermarket car stereo when my car is off(like you would at a drive in movie) & also charge my phone will my car is off. I understand that my car is a bit older but is there some kind of fuse or some Wayne I can set something up with the fuse box to be able to do this? Thank you for your time.

Hi there. Check the power outlet to the vehicle in the dash. Usually the outlet is set to power on only when the key is on. You could change the power wire from the fuse box from power with key on to power on all the time, then install a push button switch on the dash to turn the power outlet on and off to keep it from draining the battery over night. As for the radio, this is the same concept that could be done, putting the power and remote wires on the power on all the time and using a heavier push button switch to turn on and off the power to the radio, but also have the power to the radio in the fuse box with power on when the key is on. This allows the radio to work at any time with the key on, but it allows you to turn on and off the radio with the key off. You are simply splicing the wiring into the wires that are already connected. If you need further assistance with the alterations of the stereo and car charger, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. Want to be able to use stereo when car is off.