Q: VW Touran 2010 - Mildew smell

Noticed a mildew/musty smell about a month ago. It seems like it comes from the driver's side but not 100% sure. Husband gave it a quick look over and can't seem to find the cause. None of the flooring is wet or has been wet as we couldn't find any staining. It has to be sorted. I can't stand the smell...gives me a headache. Husband puts up with the smell more than I can.

Any idea where this smell could be coming from??

Hi there, thanks for writing in. There is specialized equipment to kill the mildew in the vehicle A/C with a machine that uses Ozone to kill and deodorize the A/C. This process is the only approved method to kill the mildew. It’s only a temporary repair and may need to be done on a regular basis to keep the growth of mildew down to a minimum.

If you would like help with this, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose this issue for you, and perform any repairs as needed.

3. VW Touran 2010 - Mildew smell