Q: vw passat 2003 2.0 is it okay to clean the throttle body while its fited in its place

vw passat 2003 2.0 is it okay to clean the throttle body while its fited in its place because its too hard to take it off and also affraid to break the butterfly. I saw alot of videos in youtube that they clean the TB in its place. I wanted to clean it because i dont feel alot of respond when accelrating. Thanks

Hi Ali. Thanks for contacting us today. Cleaning the throttle body while it’s on the vehicle is possible and shouldn’t hurt anything. However, it’s not very effective. Most of the time, the carbon debris that is trapped is in hard to access areas. While some mechanics use seafoam and other degreasers like this, they can produce problems with sensors. I think your best opportunity for success is to follow instructions provided by Volkswagen in their service and repair manual.

3. vw passat 2003 2.0 is it okay to clean the throttle body while its fited in its place