Q: VVT vs VCT

Is the Variable Timing Control actuator replacement the same thing as Variable Valve Timing Solenoid Replacement? Because the yourmechanic folks keep trying to quote me for the VVT. I need a VCT replacement.

Mike

Mike, we are happy to clarify. VVT (variable valve timing) is a general term for the system that keeps timing of the valves, and is typically designed to work with the camshaft. A VCT (variable cam timing) can be considered a form of VVT system. Manufactures changes the names to make them sound like "manufacture specific" designs. Although your system may not need the solenoid replaced specifically, this way we send out a technician who is experienced with these systems.