Q: VSC light is on

My VSC light is on and won't turn off. I recently had an oil change and the tires rotated at a local mechanic and the light came on after I had driven away.

Hi there. This is a very common issue that your specific vehicle encounters when the wheels have been taken off and reinstalled. There are sensitive sensors next to your rims and tires that can quite possible be snagged when this service is being performed. The Vehicle Stability Control is a sensor that tell the computer if your vehicle is sliding or not. This malfunction can be cleared by the dealership/mechanic with the use of a computer or a combination of buttons being pressed. Have a certified mechanic diagnose the light and clear these codes for you.

3. VSC light is on