Q: Volvo won't start; everything inside works (like radio), but car won't start until after several tries; fine for days and then same scenario again

Everything works inside the car (like radio etc), but it won't start. It doesn't rev - nothing. After a few tries and waiting about 10 minutes, it will start and it drives for a few days and then goes through the same scenario again. I would appreciate your advice as to what will fix this?

A: From your description, it sounds like your ...

From your description, it sounds like your engine doesn’t crank at all. An intermittent no crank, no start is often the result of a faulty starter. Sometimes, you can test this theory by tapping on the side of the starter when the vehicle is acting up. If the vehicle starts after the starter is tapped, you’ve found the problem. I suggest having a professional, such as one from YourMechanic, test and inspect your entire starting/charging system to verify the cause.