Q: Volvo not starting

My Volvo won't start, and shows a key error. It seems to be from a problem with the ignition.

Hi. Your Volvo has a coded key, which insures security, to start your car. It is possible that the key is bad or worn. Try a spare key to see if it works. If not, the issue may be with the security unit that verifies the match of the key to the car. Check the fuse for the security system, which should be identified in your owners manual. If neither of these situations solve the problem, you will need to take your Volvo to a qualified technician for further inspection of the cause of your car not starting.