Q: Voltage meter reading zero. 1989 Volkswagen Cabriolet

My voltage meter on my car is reading a little higher than zero. And I am not sure what this means. But my car starts up right away. Could it be that my alternator needs to be changed or my battery needs to be charged?

Hello. Since the car is starting up, it sounds like the alternator is not charging properly. This will cause the voltage meter to have a low reading. If this problem persists, you may end up having a problem with the battery as well as the alternator. I would suggest having the electric system inspected by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, who will be able to recommend the necessary repair.

3. Voltage meter reading zero. 1989 Volkswagen Cabriolet