Q: Vibrations when I come to a stop

Boiling noise in engine after like an Hour of driving,when I step on the brakes the exhaust and engine vibrates when am at a stop but once I place gear in neutral or park all the vibrations go away.once I put it back in reverse or drive I feel all the vibrations.i just had 3 out of the 4 mounts replaced the Vibrations reduced but didn't go away totally as I had expected .i still noticed some movement in the engine when your Change to drive or reverse

Hi and thanks for contacting YourMechanic. The last engine mount that was not replaced needs to be replaced. Even if it looks good, this doesn’t mean that it is reliable. That will help with more of the vibrations.

The boiling sound is the water (coolant) in the engine boiling for the engine is getting too hot, or the water is not mixed properly. Check the strength of the coolant in the radiator with a Gunson or Peak coolant tester tool if you can access one. This will tell you the strength of the coolant to see if it will boil or not.

Check the radiator cap for a good seal and that the purge valve is working at the pressure it is labeled for. If the radiator cap is low on pressure, then I recommend replacing it.

If you need further help verifying the faulty component(s), then seek out a professional, such as one from YourMechanic, to help you diagnose the noise and vibration problems.

3. Vibrations when I come to a stop