Q: vibrations

My car vibrates at speeds of over 100. I have done all the obvious (balancing and alignment). I have even tried a new set of tires and rims it still shakes. I have tried my tires and rims on another car and they work just fine. There is something unique though, it only vibrates when am on the gas, once I take the foot off the gas the shaking stops. Anyone encountered this? What could be the problem.

From what you’ve described, the problem is in the drive axles. This is the only thing that will change vibration when power is applied or taken away. The passenger axle is the main power axle. It should be inspected and replaced first. If the problem persists, replace the drivers side axle. Also, make sure all the engine and transmission mounts are okay.

I’d suggest having your car looked at by a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, they’ll be able to pinpoint the source of the vibration and suggest an accurate fix from there. Best of luck.