Q: Vibration while in gear and stopped but fine driving

The car starts fine and runs fine when in park and neutral but when warmed up and in drive( worse in reverse) it shakes while stopped . The engine moves a little when in gear and brakes applied but I hear no noise whenever . It does go into gear a little harsh when warmed. It has a steady rpm when both not in gear and in gear.

This may be a sign of low transmission fluid or a faulty transmission control solenoid. As you know, automatic transmissions use pressurized hydraulic fluid to change gears. Every time a gear change is required, the car’s computer activates a transmission solenoid, which directs transmission fluid into the valve body to engage the correct gear. When this is faulty or not working properly, this can cause a delay in gear shifting or in some cases cause the car to not shift at all. This type of problem is amplified any time the transmission is low on fluid creating a drop in hydraulic pressure. I would recommend having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.