Exception in rendering!

Message: window is not defined

ReferenceError: window is not defined
    at new c (/tmp/execjs20161208-83728-1ienkxcjs:136:3912)
    at m.mountComponent (/tmp/execjs20161208-83728-1ienkxcjs:47:15602)
    at /tmp/execjs20161208-83728-1ienkxcjs:49:31860
    at a.r.perform (/tmp/execjs20161208-83728-1ienkxcjs:47:12503)
    at Object.a [as renderToString] (/tmp/execjs20161208-83728-1ienkxcjs:49:31821)
    at r (/tmp/execjs20161208-83728-1ienkxcjs:50:21164)
    at Object.S.ReactOnRails.serverRenderReactComponent (/tmp/execjs20161208-83728-1ienkxcjs:32:6073)
    at eval (eval at <anonymous> (/tmp/execjs20161208-83728-1ienkxcjs:173:8), <anonymous>:10:23)
    at eval (eval at <anonymous> (/tmp/execjs20161208-83728-1ienkxcjs:173:8), <anonymous>:17:3)
    at /tmp/execjs20161208-83728-1ienkxcjs:173:8

Q: Vibration on the steering wheel

Rear wheel drive. If I jack up the front of the car and turn the drivers side wheel I feel a slight vibration on the spring (suspension). This is not felt on the passenger side. Is this a wheel bearing failure? I just had my alignment and wheel balancing done as I put on 4 new tyres. I feel this slight vibration on the steering constantly while driving (more prominent as the speed increases) and little more intense when I apply the brakes. What could cause this? Is it the wheel bearing?

A: Hi there. It definitely sounds like you may...

Hi there. It definitely sounds like you may have a bad wheel bearing. Try cross rotating the front tires to be sure you don't have a defective tire; if the vibration switches sides, then it's in the tire. Brake rotors have also been know to cause vibrations while rolling in rare occasions; this happens when run out of the hub is excessive and extreme. I've only had one brake rotor cause a vibration while driving and not using the brakes in my twenty one year tenure. This can be determined in the same manner as cross rotating the front tires; simply move the rotors from one side to the other, test drive, and verify whether the vibration switched sides. If the wheel bearing is bad, it will definitely need to be replaced before the situation becomes more serious and a safety concern. I strongly suggest having a qualified technician perform an inspection to avoid replacing unnecessary parts. Your Mechanic has several available technicians that can assist you with a vibration inspection.