Q: Vibration

Vibration while accelerating, in park, reverse or drive. A pulsing vibration felt in accelerator while increasing speed. I've had it to the dealership (for a week and 1/2), they replaced the crankshaft damper (under powertrain warranty, wasn't the problem), they replaced the alternator ?? ($500), they loosened and tightened the motor mounts, said is was better than it was before. I paid, picked it up and on the drive home is started to doing the same thing. They said to bring it back in and they would take off the motor mounts, transition the engine into new mounts and re-tighten??...I don't want to pay for parts/labor that it doesn't need. It's a stock 2014 Wrangler Unlimited JK. I bought it new. I was hit in April, front end damage to the drivers side, the bumper and front quarter panel. The collision center repaired the damage, mounted and balanced the left front wheel. Sorry to ramble, any ideas will be appreciated. Would the u-joints be a possibility? Thank you, Tawnee

A: It would not be U-joints if the vibration i...

It would not be U-joints if the vibration is felt in park. The accident may have shifted the engine and damaged the engine mounts. The dealer may be on the correct track to replace the motor mounts. This could all have resulted from the accident. If you would like to have a second opinion on this, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car's location to diagnose your vehicle's vibration issue.