Q: Vibration

My car started vibrating at around 30 mph it seemed to stop when I let off the gas. I changed the u joint and it didn't make a difference. The next day the vibrations go allot worse. It starts at 25 mph and gets worse the faster you go it doesn't matter if I'm hitting the gas or not now. I have no vibration in the steering wheel or gas pedal.

If the vibration is not felt through the steering wheel but rather is felt through the car body, it could possibly be due to wheel/tire assembly imbalance in the rear and/or defective tires in the rear. Another, somewhat less common possibility is suspension faults, again in the rear, such as strut/shock failure. Certain tire defects, particularly internal belt damage or separations, as well as irregular tire wear will cause vibration. Defective tires will vibrate no matter how "well" balanced they are and indeed some brand new tires with irregularities in sidewall stiffness and excessive radial force variation will vibrate no matter how well balanced. Contributing factors in the circumstance you are describing could be worn struts in the suspension. If there are flat spots on the tire tread, that would be indicative of worn struts. If you request a noise/vibration diagnostic, a certified mechanic from YourMechanic would evaluate all the possibilities, including tire balance, and resolve this for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.