Q: Vibrating won't start

I own a 2013 Dodge Dart 1.4 Liter. I noticed on Saturday that when I drove over 40 mph and accelerated the car was vibrating. I didn't think much of it then. But when I was going up a steep long hill today it started shaking really bad. I was going about 30 mph. On my way home I accelerated to see if I could recreate the problem, and it started shaking and it died. Now my car won’t start. When I turn the key it tries to turn over, and it sounds very weak. Do you have any idea of what it could be? I took my car into the dealership on Saturday because there was a problem with the clutch. It was almost down to the floor, and it wouldn't change gears until you pulled it up a few times. But they fixed it. That’s the same day this car started vibrating. It worked fine until Saturday. Do you know what could be wrong and what needs to be fixed? Thanks.

Although it would be difficult to tell exactly what the cause of the issue you are having is without taking a physical look at it, you can be almost certain that this issue is related to your recent clutch replacement job. If the vibration issue began that very same day, it would have been best to take the vehicle right back to have them recheck their work.

It is very possible that something went wrong or unnoticed by the technician who replaced your clutch, and now you are having this vibration issue that is causing the vehicle to die at speeds over 30 miles per hour. It is also possible that the repair you had done might be under warranty and that any issues you are having as a result of the incorrect repair would likely be covered. Alternatively, if you would like to have an independent technician inspect your car for you, a certified technician from YourMechanic can diagnose your car’s starting issue in person and let you know what is going on.