Q: Vibrating when driven

My vehicle vibrates a lot when I drive it. I have been told the bushings on the right side propeller shaft have gone bad.

Greetings. It could very well be the propeller shaft but there are other suspension parts that will cause similar driving concerns. Ball joints and wheel bearings being two of such parts. However, the 2000 Explorer’s will usually experience a shake from a single wheel due to air in the steering rack. There is no sure way to determine if the rack contains air because the air bubbles can be very evasive. Though I will strongly suggest bleeding the power steering rack because it is the most common fix for your vehicles concern and it is also the most cost efficient step to take before replacing any parts. If you are in need of assistance, I would have a certified mechanic diagnose the vehicle’s shaking issue in order to have the proper repairs completed.