Q: Vibrates at 65 mph

My ford started to vibrate recently when I put on the brakes. So I changed out rotors, brake pads and put in a new caliper on the front left wheel. This fixed the braking vibration, but now the car vibrates at freeway speed up at approximately 65 mph. My steering wheel, feet and my seat vibrate! It feels like an out of balance tire. I had the tire shop balance all my tires. It was smoother at lower speeds but still vibrates at 65 mph and a little bit rougher ride, too. Do you have any ideas what the problem could be?

Have the driveshaft checked for a binding or a bad U-joint. This will cause the vibration to go throughout the entire vehicle. If you had the vehicle on a lift and ran the vehicle to the speeds indicated, you will feel the vibration in the drivetrain. A certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, can come to your car’s location to diagnose your vehicle’s vibration issue and let you know what needs to repair.

3. Vibrates at 65 mph