Q: Very hot rotor after brake pad changes

I changed my brake pads recently and I had my rotors surfaced as well. But my rear right tire gets very hot sometimes after driving even for short distances. I checked at one of these times after removing the tire and I found the rotor stock. I re-did the brake pads and moved the caliper piston in to fit it properly but the issue still happens less often now. But still I'm afraid this might affect my braking system somehow because I found some risdue of oil around the calipers when I redid it the 2nd time around.

Hi there. Sometimes when you remove your brake caliper a brake line can come loose; which might be the source of your brake fluid issue. However, it might be a good idea to bleed your brakes; as it’s possible you might have excessive brake pressure causing the brake pads to stick. If this doesn’t resolve your problem, you may want to have one of our mobile mechanics complete a brake system inspection.