Q: Velocity cuts out while driving and wont start again 2005 VW Golf

My velocity 2005 golf cuts out while driving, while the foot is still on the accelerator it just looses power and stops. It wont start had to block the fuel intake for it to start again. Im now confused as some say i should replace the fuel rail, another say it could be the fuel pump or the relay, pleas advise.

My car has fuel injection.

Hi there - I would agree that the stalling problem is most likely in the fuel supply. The most likely cause is a failing fuel pump or fuel pump relay. Secondary causes might be a clogged fuel filter or fuel pressure regulator - causing low fuel pressure to the injectors. Monitoring fuel pressure while driving will provide some direct clues. I would recommend a thorough inspection of the fuel system by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.