Q: Q: Vehicle won't start

The steering wheel is locked, won't shift out of park, drivers window won't roll up, vehicle won't start, but headlights and power seats work. Ignition key turns but engine doesn't turnover. Jump start didn't work. Also has fairly new battery and new alternator.

There may be a main power circuit down on your car. The steering lock is electrically disengaged on your car as is the shift lock. One of the B positive terminals on your ignition switch is probably dead. There are a number of large fuses, 30 amps and better, distributed around the car in the different fuse panels that power up these circuits. get out your owner’s manual and locate the fuse panels, I think there may be four of them, and look for the large fuses. if they are blown it will probably be obvious. What will not be obvious is if there is a bad terminal inside the panel. It happens from time to time. You may see a bit of a melted area around the base of the fuse. If you’re stumped, try contacting Your Mechanic. They can send a technician to your home, or wherever the car is parked, to check out your electrical system and make a recommendation as to how it can be fixed.

3. Q: Vehicle won't start