Q: Vehicle won't go forward or backward

The vehicle will not move forwards or backwards. And after the motor turns on, and trans doesn't get hot.

A: The symptoms you describe lead me to believ...

The symptoms you describe lead me to believe your Dodge Durango may be experiencing serious transmission issues. While there can be several reasons as to why your Durango’s transmission is behaving this way, it is difficult to point you in the right direction without more information. This is when I would recommend that it may be time to enlist the assistance of a certified mechanic to go over the vehicle with you. They will be able to determine the cause of your transmission issues and assist in getting the car’s transmission to function the way it should.