Q: Vehicle will not Turn On

Hello I am Having An issue with my 03 Mitsubishi eclipse V6 3.0 Automatic. it shut off while coming to a stop and wouldnt turn on afterwards. there was no power in the entire car. when i put on a spare battery the car started for 3-5 seconds then shut off again and did the same thing all over again; battery was drained and car had no power all over agin. I had the vehicle towed to my home and left it parked in the driveway for 5 hours and now it will get power to the accessories but will not have enough power to start/turn on the car. Could this be a Problem with the alternator or a battery cable. Also the Positive battery Cable seems to have a Fuse attached to it. Please any help will be greatly Appreciated.

Hello. It sounds like a battery cable issue. Most of the time this is caused by either a poor connection at the battery cable ends or the cables themselves have corrosion inside of them causing high resistance. Most of the time t comes from the positive battery cable, but it can be both. I usually do a voltage drop test of both of them to identify which one is causing this. I also make sure that I check the ground cable connections to the body. It can also be an issue with the connection at the fuse box under the hood but that is not as common. If you need to have this starting issue fixed, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic will come to your home or office to diagnose and repair this.