Q: Vehicle will not start

Whenever I try to crank the vehicle the alarm will go off for about 10 seconds and it will turn over but won't crank

A: Hello. It sounds like your vehicle’s securi...

Hello. It sounds like your vehicle’s security system is activated. In order for your vehicle to start again the system needs to be reset or disabled.

This particular model of vehicle may have a small black button underneath the dash, to the left of the steering wheel. Pressing this button will reset the alarm.

It may also be possible to reset the alarm by manually locking and unlocking the vehicle’s driver door using a key.

If you need some assistance with this, contact a certified mechanic who can diagnose your starting issue. Once this is done, the problem will be evident and the proper repairs can be made.