Q: Vehicle will not shift out of park

Vehicle starts but will not shift out of park. the brake lights will not come on. This has happened once before. That time the Brake fuse blew and vehicle wouldn't shift. This time I checked every fuse but there is not one that is bad. what other components could cause this? and where are they located?

Hi there. Although this could be a fuse issue, it is more likely that the brake switch is damaged. This component is located behind the brake pedal and when the brake pedal is pressed, it sends a signal to the transmission to allow the shifter to shift out of park. This is a safety system device. It is probably a good idea to have a professional mobile mechanic from our team come to your location and complete a car will not shift out of park inspection, so they can inspect the vehicle in person and diagnose the right source of this issue.

3. Vehicle will not shift out of park