Q: Vehicle jammed in gear number 3 and "N" neutral light is continuously flashing. Reverse and park functioning properly.

My vehicle jammed in gear number 3. When I start it and engage into "D" drive it goes straight into number 3 instead of number 1 and I tried driving it for some distance, but it couldn't change from 3. The "R" reverse gear and "P" park are functioning normally. What could be the problem and how can it be remedied because someone who proclaims to be a Mitsubishi specialist tried fixing the problem but failed.

This is likely not good news - since it appears that your transmission is in "limp" mode. Try disconnecting the battery, waiting 10 minutes or so, re-installing the battery, then driving it for 20-30 minutes so the transmission can reset to defaults and "re-learn" shifting. This may or may not provide some temporary relief. Check for codes from the transmission controller as well. Any codes could be helpful. If you still need help pinpointing the problem, I recommend having a transmission specialist look over the car to pinpoint the problem.

3. Vehicle jammed in gear number 3 and "N" neutral light is continuously flashing. Reverse and park functioning properly.