Q: Vehicle is telling me that the liftgate is open even though it is shut

My jeep keeps displaying that the "liftgate" is open even though it is closed. I even made sure it was shut it still keeps saying its open.

It is possible that the sensor that determines whether the liftgate is open or closed is functioning and properly. I would recommend having your vehicle inspected by a qualified professional to determine if this part requires replacement.

3. Vehicle is telling me that the liftgate is open even though it is shut