Q: Vehicle is clunking

Between 40 and 50 MPH, my truck seems to clunk as if the drive shaft backs off and then reengages. I believe the rpms are between 2000 and 3000. It only seems to happen on an incline (going up hill). I have been told multiple causes but no definitive answer, from it could be the transmission, to the U-joints, to the driveshaft yolk. Took it to Ford and was told nothing wrong. My biggest fear is something is wrong with the transmission or timing.

A: Hi there, thanks for your question. This cl...

Hi there, thanks for your question. This clunking may suggest that the speed sensor in the transmission is faulty, and needs to be repaired or replaced. Also, you can check if there’s anything wrong with the transmission solenoid, as it can also lead to clunking. I would recommend having an expert from Your Mechanic come to your home to diagnose and repair this issue.