Q: Vehicle has no power.

I started the truck the yesterday and had it running but today it has no power at all. I have tried several batteries, alternators, and starters yet nothing allows it any power. The lights or radio neither one will com on either.

A: Hi there. If the battery is fine but there ...

Hi there. If the battery is fine but there is no power to the vehicle, then you have a short or open in the wiring someplace. Most of the time it is a problem at the fuse box under the hood. The fuse box tends to either have a blown main fuse or an internal all short. I usually start by checking the voltage at the positive side of the battery working my way to the starter and to the fuse box to see if there are any failures.

I also check the negative cable for good ground connections. At this point I would usually see where the voltage is lost. If there is power at the fuse box and yet nothing coming on, then the fuse box may be bad. If you are planning on having this repaired, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose and repair your vehicle's loss of power and let you know what needs to be repaired.