Q: Vehicle fails dead at signal light or stop sign

I have put new plugs,wires, distributor and a idle control valve, I'm thinking about replacing the ignition coil any suggestions. Also there is no check engine light on the vehicle, runs great when not in gear.

A: It is possible that the throttle body gaske...

It is possible that the throttle body gasket or intake manifold gaskets are leaking vacuum. The engine produces vacuum to draw in air and fuel. This vacuum needs to be regulated by the induction system. Some vacuum leaks can be internal within the engine, others can be external and you may heard a hissing type sound.

There has to be only one path for the air and fuel to travel. When there is a vacuum leak it creates another path that can cause a stalling condition because it is unregulated. If too much air is allow in, it changes the fuel ratio (lean condition).

I’d suggest getting the vehicle checked out by a qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic. We can help you diagnose your stalling issue and make the necessary repair. Good luck.