Q: Vehicle cannot exceed 20 mph.

My vehicle will not go pass 20 mph sometimes 30 and the engine is really loud. What could be causing this?

There several things that can create this condition. First, there could be a lack of fuel or other related components associate with engine performance. Second, the exhaust system could be blocked, prohibiting the flow of exhaust. Lastly, there could be a transmission type failure in which there are no up shifts. Diagnosing the root of the problem will require special testing and equipment. If needed, a certified YourMechanic technician can come to your location and perform this inspection.

3. Vehicle cannot exceed 20 mph.