Q: Vehicle cannot exceed 20 mph.

My vehicle will not go pass 20 mph sometimes 30 and the engine is really loud. What could be causing this?

A: There several things that can create this c...

There several things that can create this condition. First, there could be a lack of fuel or other related components associate with engine performance. Second, the exhaust system could be blocked, prohibiting the flow of exhaust. Lastly, there could be a transmission type failure in which there are no up shifts. Diagnosing the root of the problem will require special testing and equipment. If needed, a certified YourMechanic technician can come to your location and perform this inspection.