Q: Vehicle acting like it is full.

When pumping gas, I have to hold on to the pump handle. Otherwise, it keeps turning off like the gas tank is full, when it's not.

Your vehicle is equipped with an emissions system that keeps evaporating fuel vapors from entering the atmosphere. When your Ford it turns off the vent valve in the system should open and allow the pressure to release and the pump to work until the tank is full. When this valve does not open, or if there is a restriction elsewhere in the system then the problem you are having occurs. Most of the time replacement of the valve, which is located under the rear of the vehicle will solve it. I would not simply just replace this valve though as it may not be the problem. The best way to diagnose this is with a smoke tester and a scan tool to cycle the valves in the system. The best way to achieve this is by getting help from a certified mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, that has the tools to do this.