Q: VDC and slip light on, followed manual instructions, and it now has limited acceleration. What to do?

My VDC and slip light come on for awhile and then go off for awhile and then come back on again. when they are on it is hard to accelerate and uses gas like crazy. When it is off, the vehicle runs fine. I have followed the manual regarding the VDC and it does not work.

Hi and thanks for contacting YourMechanic. Check the brake controller out to see if there is any loose wires or loose ground wires. Check all of the wheel sensors and make sure that there is no corrosion. The lights are coming on and is applying the traction control. If you need further assistance troubleshooting the acceleration problem and warning light, then seek out a technician, such as one from YourMechanic, to pinpoint the problem and move forward with repairs.

3. VDC and slip light on, followed manual instructions, and it now has limited acceleration. What to do?