Q: Variable valve actuator fix for 2006 Mazda 3.

2006 Mazda 3 makes high pitched rattle at higher RPMs. Pretty sure it's the same problem as everyone else... vvt actuator. What's the cheapest to fix and can I fix it

The best fix is to replace the variable valve timing solenoid on the engine. But before you replace the solenoid, change the engine oil and filter and see if the noise lessens or goes away. The solenoid is activated electronically and with engine oil pressure. If the oil pressure is low, then the solenoid will adjust until the engine has oil pressure. If you need further assistance with your engine making a rattling noise, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. Variable valve actuator fix for 2006 Mazda 3.