Q: Van won't start

My van won't crank or make no sound, but all my lights are coming on .I just purchased a brand new battery. I got my van towed to a mechanic and they told me it was my neutral safety switch. I put the neutral safety switch on myself and my van is still doing the same thing .

Hello There, The neutral safety switch can often times be the culprit of no start issues and would have been a good place to start. I would also recommend checking the starter relay as this can often times produce the same results when not working properly. The starter relay directs power from the battery to the starter solenoid which then engages the starter when you turn the key. When this is not working properly, you may notice intermittent starting problems including no response when turning the key to start. Generally, when this does fail, it does so very randomly and usually without warning other than intermittent starting. The power from the battery will still power other accessories such as radio, horn, etc., but you may not have any power to the starter. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.

3. Van won't start