Q: Van suddenly dies as if there was not gas but there is gas.

I added oil to my van one night and decided to drive it for a bit to get the oil to flow. Went down my block and my van suddenly dies as if i ran out of gas. pulled to the side of the rode and tried to turn it back on but it sounded like there was no gas. Pumped the gas a bit and got it to start. Ive driven it a couple of times and about 5 minutes into the drive it dies but turns on without a problem. Changed the fuel filter but it still happens. Seems to happen on slight inclines. The service engine lights turns on afterwards. I have a feeling its the fuel pump but uncertain and i dont feel like buying the part and the problem persist.

The only way to diagnose if it is the fuel pump, fuel pressure issue or an ignition issue you would need to isolate the problem to see if there is a loss of spark or fuel to the engine. This year of vehicles have issues with either a fuel pump or ignition module and coil failures. If you need assistance then contact a mechanic like one from YourMechanic to diagnose the problem so you do not replace parts that are not needed.