Q: Van started fine, drove to destination, turned it off. 30 minutes later, wouldn't start.

Not great with cars/vans. We used our family to go to the store. Started fine. Drove fine. Roughly 30 minutes later we went to leave and it wouldn't start. All electrical componets worked. But Van wasn't getting spark. Recently changed battery, alternator, and starter and different times. A friend said ignition module. When I searched online all search results kept showing ignition coil. Would either of those 2 just suddenly stop working like that? I know the coil provides the voltage but I'm not convinced it would just stop working (only because of what I read online) like that. I could use some guidance and experience on this. Thank you.

It’s very possible for the ignition coil to suddenly fail, it happens quite frequently to many vehicles. It is strange that it failed after being parked, but certainly not impossible. There are also several other possible causes of the car not starting, such as a failed crank position sensor or even a blown fuse. I would suggest having the vehicle checked by a qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, who can diagnose why your van doesn’t start and suggest an appropriate repair. This will save you money in the long run by only making the necessary repairs, not guessing at parts and replacing them.

3. Van started fine, drove to destination, turned it off. 30 minutes later, wouldn't start.