Q: Van overheats randomly

My van overheats randomly. I changed the thermostat and had the radiator flushed, but it still overheats.

3. Van overheats randomly

Q: My focus 2010 shuts off when i put it in reverse from park or drive. I took it to a mechanic but he didnt find any codes or issues

Stalling when the vehicle is put in gear occurs if the engine cannot accommodate the load. Among the causes of that are problems with the torque converter and/or torque converter lock up solenoid. Another possibility is an internal hydraulic leak...

Q: When installing a new water pump and thermostat on my 1989 Pontiac grand Prix should I use gasket sealer or silicone grease

In your application, the new thermostat comes with a new rubber seal which is the entire gasketing solution for the thermostat housing. Nothing should be added as that may interfere with the seal. The water pump uses a paper/fiber gasket....

Q: Why does my #1 spark plug continue to burn up in my 2008 Ford F-150

Hello. If you continue to have the spark plug end burn up on just that cylinder then there is an issue with the mixture in that cylinder. It can be caused by a compression problem, carbon build up, or it...