Q: Van overheats randomly

My van overheats randomly. I changed the thermostat and had the radiator flushed, but it still overheats.

There are many possible reasons as to why a vehicle can overheat. However a common cause of intermittent overheating is air being trapped in the cooling system. Air bubbles in a cooling system will cause the vehicle to overheat, so I would first recommend making sure the cooling system is properly bled and purged of all air bubbles. If the vehicle is still overheating after it has been properly bled, then there may be another problem present in the cooling system. I would recommend having a mechanic give your vehicle a thorough inspection of your car’s heating issue in order to pinpoint the cause.

3. Van overheats randomly