Q: Van overheats and shuts off. Not the first time.

Van starts, but after a couple of seconds the overheat light turns on and the van shuts off. We had it fixed for overheating problems before.

A: I would first recommend taking the vehicle ...

I would first recommend taking the vehicle back to the place it was last serviced for overheating issues and ensure that the job was done correctly. If the job was done correctly, the issue may lie in the coolant temperature sensor. Some vehicles have the ability to shut off the ignition or fuel systems based on a reading from the coolant temperature sensor. If this sensor is bad and immediately sends a false overheating signal, the vehicle is likely to shut off. Have the coolant temperature sensor tested by a professional and if it is faulty, have it replaced.