Q: Van making terrible whining noise.

My van is making a terrible whining noise when I use the AC/heater fan in the back of the vehicle. In addition, the AC in the front does not cool very well, and the vehicle loses power when going uphill.

Hi. It looks as though your vehicle has two blower motors, one in the front and one in the back. I’m guessing that noise you’re hearing is the rear blower motor. As far as the AC not cooling well, that has dozens of potential causes. A trained technician can perform an A/C performance check on your vehicle using a set of gauges. In most cases, Interpreting the gauge readings will provide a diagnosis. The lack of power could have countless causes as well. I suggest you have a professional, such as one from YourMechanic, diagnose the air conditioning problem and replace the failing parts.