Q: Van lost power and limped home. 2016 Savana 2500

My van lost power and was cutting out so it limped home. Later, it started briefly, but it ran very badly. I change the TDC sensor, coil, ignition module, distributor pickup, and the distributor is three weeks old. 12v is where it is supposed to be, but the 9+V on the TDC sensor where it should have 0, is 5V. I’m just about out of ideas as to what to try. What do you suggest that I do to fix my van?

As you may already know, trying to trace an electrical issue in when a vehicle goes into limp mode can be very frustrating and time consuming without having the use of a scanner. Nearly every vehicle when going into limp mode will have some kind of trouble code triggered, which will show up when having the computer scanned. I would recommend having this done in order to have a more precise plan as to what to repair. If you do not have access to this type of scanner I would recommend having an expert mechanic from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose and repair the loss of power.