Q: Van is choking and stalling

1978 Ford Econline runs good for about 30 minutes then starts to choke as fuel isn't getting thru.. It's fine some days others it isn't after it stalls and sits for hour or so it starts up again but it does st choke and stall more often lately.. Accelerate above 60 and it happens as well m.. Is there a blockage somewhere or fuel pump issues.. It has less tha 85k miles and when it runs it's great .. Help please

If fuel is not getting to the carburetor, then you have one of a few different problems. The most common would be the fuel filter being clogged. Depending on your engine you may have one or more fuel filters both external and in the carburetor. The next would be the fuel pick up tube screen in the fuel tank being clogged from debris in the fuel tank. This can be checked by seeing if there is fuel getting to the fuel pump on the engine or if it has the mechanical pump style. A fuel pressure test and volume test is needed to see if the fuel flow is blocked in the tank or the pump is weak and cannot pump. I would start by replacing all the fuel filters and go from there. If you want to have this checked, a technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose the stalling issue.

3. Van is choking and stalling