Q: Van has stalling issues

The vehicle stalls randomly. It stalls when I bring the car to a halt, but it can be restarted right away. However, if the van is not in motion already and it is stalling at that moment, then I cannot start it up again. Once it got so bad that I needed to get it towed. There is no stalling during the winter though. What should I do?

A: Hello. There are several components of the ...

Hello. There are several components of the engine that may cause an engine to stall if they are faulty in some way. Mass airflow sensors are known to cause intermittent stalling conditions like the one that you describe. Cleaning or replacing the mass airflow sensor may resolve your problem. Other components that may cause this problem are the fuel pump, fuel filter, or possible vacuum leaks. Have a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, come and complete an inspection in order to pinpoint why your car is stalling.