Q: Van door must be opened manually and handle broke off

After shopping, I used the liftgate and then went home. Later in the day I opened the liftgate to put equipment inside and when it opened, it dinged several times and then closed. After it repeated this a few times, then it would not open electronically. After turning off the electronic button, I decided to try to open and close it manually, but it would not stay open unless I helped it up. The next day I expected to have to use it manually again and when I started to open it, the handle came out in my hand. Now the door will not open at all. What needs to be done to fix these problems?

Hey there, thanks for writing in. I would check the fuses and relays for this system. It is also possible that the electronic motor portion of the liftgate and latch has failed. If you would like to have this done, a professional mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, can properly diagnose and repair the related electrical circuits.