Q: Van creaking when turning

My van is creaking loudly when I turn sharply. Indicators online seem to point to the lower ball joints, but that is just a guess.

There are a number of causes for the symptoms you are having. A few things that come to mind are ball joints (like you said), control arm bushings, sway bar bushings and sway bar link pins. I suggest you have a professional listen to your vehicle first hand for a diagnosis of the creaking sound you hear while turning. They’ll be able to resolve this issue and prevent any further damage.