Q: vacuum hose

i had a problem with my vacuum hose it was wore out. so i took it off and am goin to replace it soon. my question is would it damage my engine to drive yo the auto parts store to get the hose then drive back and replace the hose.

A: Hi there: In most cases, a vacuum leak cau...

Hi there:

In most cases, a vacuum leak causes simple performance issues, but it can cause serious engine damage if it's serious enough; which is why you shouldn't drive it anywhere until it's replaced. You should ask a friend to give you a ride. If you replace the components you've determined are faulty, but that doesn't solve the vacuum leak issue, contact one of our mobile mechanics to find out why you're Sable is having difficulty.