Q: V belt broken and takes power steering

Can I drive a car which v belt broken with no power steering

If the belt that is missing drives only the power steering pump, then driving the car without the belt will not damage anything. However, if the belt that is missing also drives other critical components, such as the water pump or alternator, then you can NOT drive the car at all. A concern though is the safety of operation with the loss of power assist. Significantly more effort will be required to CONTROL the vehicle, regardless of speed. Consequently, you should only consider operation without power assist as a short term, stop gap, measure. To schedule a repair of the belt, please request belt replacement service and the responding certified mechanic will get this issue resolved for you promptly and professionally.

3. V belt broken and takes power steering