Q: V belt broken and takes power steering

Can I drive a car which v belt broken with no power steering

3. V belt broken and takes power steering

Q: Battery saver light on but diagnostic check by mechanic shows no issues and the warning started appearing after new battery instal

Hello, thank you for writing in. There are parts of the charging system, like the alternator output, that are monitored directly by the computer with sensors. However, there are enough sensors in the system, the aspects that are not directly...

Q: The power steering pump seal keeps breaking when pump is replaced.

There may be a restriction in the power steering high pressure line causing an excessively high amount of pressure in the line and the pump. If the belt tensioner for the power steering belt is a manual tensioner that can...

Q: My Mercedes has shredded two belts in a row

Mercedes uses a devilishly complicated automatic tensioner whose life span is about the same as the belt. The tensioner depends on the twisting force of a sleeve of bonded rubber to keep the belt tight, and by the time the...