Q: using to much fuel and engine light coming on 1998 Toyota

when someone tried fixing my car they replaced my rocker cover , but when they put it back on they bumped the cylinder thing with the magnet in it now i use twice the fuel and check engine light comes on .

Hello - first task is to retrieve the problem codes that are turning on the Check Engine Light. This will instruct diagnosis much more efficiently. I am inferring from your description of the prior repair that one or more of the fuel injectors may have been damaged - and is sticking open. This would inject too much fuel into the engine, causing the behavior you are experiencing. I would recommend a fuel system inspection by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.