Q: using to much fuel and engine light coming on 1998 Toyota

when someone tried fixing my car they replaced my rocker cover , but when they put it back on they bumped the cylinder thing with the magnet in it now i use twice the fuel and check engine light comes on .

Hello - first task is to retrieve the problem codes that are turning on the Check Engine Light. This will instruct diagnosis much more efficiently. I am inferring from your description of the prior repair that one or more of the fuel injectors may have been damaged - and is sticking open. This would inject too much fuel into the engine, causing the behavior you are experiencing. I would recommend a fuel system inspection by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. using to much fuel and engine light coming on 1998 Toyota