Q: Urgent Car Pulling

I would greatly appreciate any advise as i have no money to spend on a mechanic. Basically a while back about a month ago my van started to smell like burnt rubber when driving one day i got back from a drive and there was smoke coming out of the tire. i took of the tire and caliper but couldnt see anyt burnt rubber aside from a small piece broken from the caliper piston. Now it hasnt smoked up since put i feel the car pulls while accelerating and driving. Is it a posibility that it is the Vans breaks? or does the vans brakes not have anything to do with the pulling. My biggest concern is that the cars Brakes will lock up on me when while driving. Thank you.

The cause of the smoke seems to of went away a month ago. You may have got a stuck caliper that caused the smoke back then. If you think the pulling is due to the brakes then you should have the brake calipers checked for binding in the caliper slides or the pistons binding.

The pull you’re feeling can be due to tires that are different brands, models, sizes. Low pressure on a tire can also cause pulls. Most of the time a brake problem will pull when you brake and not all the time, unless a caliper is stuck.

If you’d like to get this fixed, consider YourMechanic, as a certified technician can diagnose your brake system and the smell you’ve experienced in order to pinpoint what’s at fault. Good luck.